Website URL Ignite Theatre Company
Great people first, great performers second!
Ignite is seeking an experienced Music Director to participate in our production of Elf The Musical; set to perform at the Grandel Theater December 15th-18th, 2022 . Auditions will be Saturday, August 27th, with rehearsals Wednesdays 6:30-8:30 pm, Fridays 6:30-8:30 pm, and Saturdays 10:00 am- 2:00 pm starting September 14th. Tech week is December 5th through the 18th.
Responsible for developing, coordinating, and supervising Ignite Theatre Company’s mainstage production of Elf The Musical.
- Preside as main director over musical program and oversee production.
- Devise budgets and plan communications.
- Audition and help cast performers in shows.
- Direct band members at rehearsals.
- Help soloists rehearse.
- Aid in planning and schedule rehearsals.
- Arrange for the delivery and setup of instruments.
- Expand and enhance the musical ability of the cast.
- Contribute to the overall success of the performance.
All shows hold open auditions – we don’t “pre-cast” roles. That said, directors are responsible for casting their own shows. If you know someone you think would be great for a role, invite them to audition. We ask all directors to keep an open mind.
If this show does not work for your schedule, please consider applying, and we will keep you in mind for our upcoming shows in 2023.
*Please note, we are a nonprofit theatre and have limited financial resources. We offer a stipend to contractors and listed pay is negotiable. Pay will vary by production.
Apply for this and other positions at: