Website URL Kirkwood Theatre Guild
Community Theater Company located in Kirkwood, MO
Kirkwood Theatre Guild
2020 AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS
Shrek the Musical
Produced with permission of Music Theatre International
KTG will be holding auditions for Shrek the Musical on Sunday, January 26th at the Kirkwood Community Center and Monday, January 27th in the Robert Reim Theatre. Callbacks are on January 28th at the Kirkwood Community Center
The Kirkwood Community Center and The Robert Reim Theatre are both located at 111 S Geyer Rd, Kirkwood, MO 63122
PLEASE NOTE: All types, ethnicities, gender identities, and abilities are welcome to audition!
HOW TO AUDITION:
1. PLEASE CHOOSE AN AUDITION TIME SLOT. All auditioners will sing. Dance and script readings will happen at callbacks. To reserve your audition time slot: go to: THE SIGNUP GENIUS
Walk-ins will be accepted, however will need to wait until there is an open time. First priority goes to auditioners who reserved a time slot.
2. Please download and fill out the KTG Audition Form .
3. Bring your completed Audition Form w/PHOTO and resume attached (selfies printed on plain paper are fine!) with you to the auditions.
4. Please arrive ten minutes prior to your audition appointment start time. FOR AUDITIONS AT THE KIRKWOOD COMMUNITY CENTER- Enter near the ice rink and proceed up to the 2nd floor.
5. Choose 16-32 bars of a song of your choice. Something reflective of the mood/attitude of the show is best. Bring piano accompaniment sheet music for your song. No acapella or pre-recorded accompaniment.
6. Dance auditions will only be held on Sunday. If you register for a Monday audition slot, you are invited to attend any Sunday audition slots dance portion but the dance call is NOT mandatory for anyone not auditioning for a featured dancing role.
7. You will be notified by Monday evening if you are asked to callbacks. For callbacks, return to the Community Center on Tuesday, January 28th at 7:00 PM. Expect to perform cold readings/sides from the script at callbacks. You may also be asked to learn and perform portions of a song(s) from the show and dance.
Rehearsals for KTG productions take place at the Kirkwood Community Center. Generally, rehearsals will take place on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, but that is subject to change so when thinking over conflicts, please consider the entire week. Sunday rehearsals may be longer; be prepared for rehearsing from 2 PM – 10 PM on Sundays. Please do not audition if you are not available for all performances! Be very specific about any conflicts. Tech Week and all performances are mandatory.
Director – Tom Murray
Musical Director – Sean Bippen
Choreographer – Laura Roth
Rehearsals: Begin Early March and will be held every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Not all performers will be called to every rehearsal.
Cue to Cue Rehearsal: April 25th
Tech Week: April 26th – April 30th (all cast members must be available for all dates of tech week)
Performances: May 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th (all cast members must be available for all performances)
There are two performances on May 9th.
Sides and character descriptions can be found at www.ktg-onstage.org/auditions
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL 314-821-9956.