Website URL Metro Theater Company
MTC creates professional/educational theater for young people.
Costume Assistant (Part-Time Seasonal)
Apply by Friday, September 17, 2021
Metro Theater Company (MTC) is seeking candidates for a Costume Assistant position to aid our Costume Designer for our upcoming production of Last Stop on Market Street. Applicants should be well-versed in the process of creating and implementing a costume design. General tasks include assisting with fittings, purchasing materials/pieces, altering pieces, and constructing costumes as necessary.
This position is part-time seasonal. Pre-rehearsal prep begins in the late fall, with rehearsals starting January 10th and running through January 29th. Tech runs January 31st-February 5th, with the show opening on February 6th and closing February 27th. This role is anticipated to work up to 10 hours per week, with hours increasing around tech week to 25 hours. Compensation is a stipend of $750.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “LAST STOP COSTUME ASSISTANT”. Please include your resume and portfolio photos of costumes you have worked on.
- Assist the Costume Designer in implementing their design.
- Act as buyer for materials and costume pieces, handling deliveries, acquisitions, and returns.
- Aid the Costume Designer in building specific costume pieces for actors.
- Take actor measurements.
- Schedule and take notes on costume fittings.
- Attend and participate in production meetings.
- Handle maintenance and repairs of costumes as requested.
- Assist with load-in and strike of costumes.
You can also visit https://www.metroplays.org/work for more info and job postings.