Website URL STAGES St. Louis
The STAGES St. Louis Spotlight on Careers Internship & Apprenticeship Programs are designed to train the next generation of theatre professionals in the skills necessary to become successful and integral parts of the theatre community. We combine practical hands-on experience with the opportunity to work with and learn from seasoned theatre professionals. While immersed in the professional world, our interns gain in-depth knowledge and experience in their chosen areas to become well-rounded theatre practitioners.
The Director/Choreographer Intern will work closely with the Director/Choreographer and the Production Stage Manager on our Family Theatre Series Production of Disney’s 101 Dalmatians. Primary duties will include observing/assisting in rehearsals and serving as child wrangler for the actors playing the Dalmatian puppies with age ranges from 8-18 years old. The Intern will need to attend all rehearsals, tech, and all performances. The successful applicant has a strong background in dance and directing, is able to assist in teaching dance combinations, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, is self-motivated, and be able to work with children. This intern must have reliable transportation and local St. Louis housing.
– All summer positions are paid a weekly stipend
– Interns receive reduced priced tickets for each production you work on
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
– Be able to provide local housing in St. Louis for the duration of your internship/apprenticeship
– Be able to work 30 – 40 hours per week of internship/apprenticeship
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com by March 8, 2019.
– Cover Letter, indicating Internship and area of interest
– References, Academic or Professional (3 preferred)
– Personal Statement