Website URL STAGES St. Louis
The STAGES St. Louis Spotlight on Careers Internship & Apprenticeship Programs are designed to train the next generation of theatre professionals in the skills necessary to become successful and integral parts of the theatre community. We combine practical hands-on experience with the opportunity to work with and learn from seasoned theatre professionals. While immersed in the professional world, our interns gain in-depth knowledge and experience in their chosen areas to become well-rounded theatre practitioners.
Education Interns assist the artistic and education staff with planning and running STAGES St. Louis Performing Arts Academy programs. Responsibilities include research, organizing material, leading warm-ups, and assisting in developing and teaching theatre camps with professional artists. Interns will also take part in the ongoing administration of education and outreach programs. This internship is very rigorous and applicants should be prepared to think quickly, be proactive, and respond with flexibility to rapidly changing circumstances and personalities. Applicants should have experience working with children and an interest in arts education. This intern must have a valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, and a flexible schedule.
– All summer positions are paid a weekly stipend
– Interns receive reduced priced tickets for each production you work on
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
– Be able to provide local housing in St. Louis for the duration of your internship/apprenticeship
– Be able to work 30 – 40 hours per week of internship/apprenticeship
Please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 8, 2019.
– Cover Letter, indicating Internship and area of interest
– References, Academic or Professional (3 preferred)
– Personal Statement