Casting Call for “Falling Into Place,” a student short film about a man on his quest for companionship, Leonard, who stumbles upon a mystery that changes his life forever.
Casting Call on February 15th and 16th, from 12pm to 4pm both days. It will take place at Webster University, Sverdrup Hall (8300 Big Bend Blvd), Room 112. Please have a contemporary, 1-2 minute monologue prepared. Please also provide a head shot and resume at the audition.
Please include a resume and head shot for any online submissions, and a video reel if available.
- Leonard: Tall, middle-aged, not really in shape, dark hair, a beard would be a massive plus. An even bigger plus would be if he was willing to shave said beard off. He’s someone who’s tired of being walked all over but isn’t equipped with the social skills to stop people from doing so.
- Angelica: Short, mid-30’s, lighter hair. She’s a street-smart, sociable, goofy, and caring woman that catches the attention of Leonard after he discovers she’s a big fan of the same, cheesy, 80’s crime show, Magnus P.I. She’s easygoing and connects with most everyone but she is particularly sympathetic towards Leonard.
- Ernie: Average height, 50-60’s, any physique, graying hair. Plays sympathy really poorly in an attempt to hide his constant condescension towards people. Very big personality/ is always right. (Probably only need for one shoot day).
- Magnus: Tall, 30’s, dark hair, in shape, a mustache would be a massive plus. He’s the star of Leonard’s favorite 80’s show, Magnus, P.I., and is a cheesy, macho, private investigator (inspired heavily by Tom Selleck). (Would only need them for one shoot day).
- Damsel: Average height, 20-30’s, lighter hair, in shape. She is the love interest in Leonard’s favorite 80’s TV show, Magnus P.I. She has no taste for danger yet always finds herself in some while dating Magnus. Within the show, she’s just been rescued from a life threatening situation and couldn’t be happier to see Magnus after rescue. (Would also only need for one shoot day).