Website URL First Congregational Church of St. Louis
Open and Affirming Congregation in the United Church of Christ
The First Congregational Church of St. Louis seeks a tenor staff singer for its Chancel Choir. The Chancel Choir includes 7 staff singers, as well as volunteers, and sings a diverse range of music, prioritizing contemporary classical music and music by women composers.
The First Congregational Church of St. Louis is a member of the United Church of Christ and is an Open and Affirming congregation. Qualified vocalists are hired regardless of religious affiliation.
To apply, please contact First Congregational’s Minister of Music, Sarah Bereza, at sbereza [at] firstcongregational [dot] org.
- Excellent sight-singing and vocal technique
- Confident leadership of volunteer vocalists by learning music in advance
- Occasional leadership of sectional rehearsal with advance notice
- Occasional solos with advance notice
- Collegial approach to singing with fellow staff singers and with volunteers
- The Chancel Choir season is from September through May (with a brief break after Christmas), with opportunities to sing in summer services.
- Weekly rehearsals on Thursdays from 7:30-9:00
- Weekly Sunday rehearsals and services from 9:30 to approximately 11:45
- Special services including Christmas Eve and Good Friday
- Annual choral concert
- $42 per call, typically 2 per week
- Paid monthly
- A background check is conducted upon initial employment and biannually thereafter