Website URL Max & Louie Productions
Looking For Normal By Jane Anderson
Seeking Equity & Non-Equity Actors for 9 Available Roles
Appointments: Email firstname.lastname@example.org with headshot and resume. “Sides” will be sent when appointment is made.
Contract: SPT 4 with health and pension included.
Auditions Time & Location: Urban Ballroom @ .Zack – 3224 Locust St, St Louis, MO 63103 (4th Floor)
- Saturday February 29 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday March 1, 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Monday March 2, Call Backs 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Producing Artistic Director: Stellie Siteman
- Managing Director – De Kaplan
- Director – David New
Rehearsal / Performance Dates:
- 1st Rehearsal June 22, 2020
- 1st Preview July 16, 2020
- Opening July 17, 2020
- Closing July 26, 2020
Synopsis: Jane Anderson’s bittersweet transgender domestic comedy-drama explores the complexity of marriage, family, and deconstructs the very notion of love. What do you do when a person you have loved for twenty-five years suddenly becomes someone else?
- Roy – middle-American and middle-aged – A comfortable guy’s guy. Works in quality control at John Deere.
- Irma – Roy’s wife. middle-American and middle-aged – No-nonsense Midwestern wife and mother.
- Wayne – their son, early 20’s, a roadie.
- Patty Ann – their daughter, 13, a tomboy. She should convincingly straddle childhood and puberty.
- Reverend Muncie – their pastor
- Roy Senior – Roy’s father, a farmer – cranky, ailing, rapidly aging.
- Em – Roy’s mother, a farmer’s wife – embodies Midwestern decency and restraint.
- Frank – Roy’s boss at the John Deere plant.
- Grandmother Ruth – Roy’s grandmother from another time.
Equity’s contracts prohibit discrimination. Equity is committed to diversity and encourages all its employers to engage in a policy of equal employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion. As such, Equity encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to submit.